Friday, April 07, 2006

My Birthday


On Wed. I was 63! Hard to believe. But it is also hard to believe how great I feel still. The Friday before I had spent at the local wildlife refuge where I volunteer - we had 34 kids that day. I help out by running the station on vertebrates. It is the easiest for me and I enjoy showing the displays of birds and talking about the mammals we have in this area - but after 6 hours I was tired. Then I came home to experience my weekend of activity.

Our friend Cathy had arrived Friday afternoon from Berkeley - and that means dancing - both Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday afternoon we had a barbeque at the house. All that would have been enough except that DH decided we were all meeting at 9 to go hiking....after which we ate at a wonderful new Vietnamese restaurant...Kim was along to instruct us in the proper way to prepare spring rolls....after which we all went ice-skating and then home to eat left-overs!!

I had rented the dvd, Mad Hot Ballroom, about kids in the NYC public school system learning ballroom dancing. It is a fun video and was a perfect way to end my birthday weekend. Wednesday's celebration was quiet.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger annie said...

happy birthday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home