Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Trying Again

Since I have not written here for months, it seems obvious that this blogging may not be the thing for me but I am going to try again.

On Saturday I flew over the mtns to Payne Field. I had never been there before but my friend Carol flew in the right seat and was a big help in getting me to the airport. A perfectly calm day. All the peaks of the North Cascades were visible. On the way home we went by Green Pass where I took a picture of Goat Peak in front of Mt Ranier.

Sunday seven of us climbed Goat Peak. We met a party of four who had camped there the night before but no one else was on the trail. The hike is 10 miles round trip with a 3400 ft elevation gain. Not for the faint....we had three in our group who are training for Mt Adams. Lots of bear grass on the trail.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home