Sunday, November 06, 2005

Barbie

I never had a Barbie - when did they start anyway? But today Anne was on the computer at barbie.com (would you believe?). I mentioned it to my sister when I called her and she suggested I nip that in the bud right now. Of course, I am only the grandmother and not going to do much in a short time. I said I thought the princess stories may be more harmful ie. waiting for the prince to rescue you.

My sister said she heard on NPR that maybe the princess stories are not so bad. It is all about choices and as long as one realizes they have a choice, they may make the right one. So I think I am better off teaching Anne about making choices.

I have had a career, I fly an airplane, I lead hikes, I volunteer and I also knit and sew and cook. I married a prince and my granddaughter knows he is my Prince Charming. He does not rescue me; he encourages me to do all these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home