Sunday, October 30, 2005

Blogs

I read a number of blogs. It all started with knitting blogs. I knit on and off - my mother was from Scotland and she got me started when I was around 10. I usually have something on knitting needles to pass the time when watching tv or when I am a passenger on a long trip.

I found that knitting blogs were about much more than just knitting. Check on Fillyjonk's Progress for instance.

Then I got interested in seeing the world through the eyes of others and started reading a blog from a woman in Israel. Allison was a reporter and is from the US originally. She provides a window into Israeli life From her blog I linked to a young Jewish mother in Brooklyn. AidelMaidel has recently stopped blogging for fear of her identity being revealed. She was an excellent writer - a young mother torn being the outside world and her very strict orthodox religion. I was interested in these two blogs because I grew up on Long Island in an area of many Jewish families. I am not religious although was raised in the Christian faith. But that upbringing help contribute to a lifelong interest in all religions.

A Star from Mosul is a blog from a young Iraqi girl. She has a lot to say. She comes from a close knit family and several of them have their own blogs. I never supported the war in Iraq but I felt I needed to get a view of it from those we are suppose to be helping there. And I did hope we were helping. I think the best thing we can do now is to get out as quickly as we can. Another Iraqi blog that I read is A Family in Baghdad

I feel privileged to be able to enter some incredible lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home